Nov 1, 2016

22 AGING–WHAT I’VE LEARNT THUS FAR

What I have noticed about my aging journey …

20161104_110427[1]The week feels longer

The weekend feels shorter

My bullshit tolerance is zero

My patience though I know its virtuous is short

I know the value of my time and am meticulous with whom I share it with

I prefer to be liked however I am ok with not being liked or favored by others if it means I must compromise to my integrity.

I don’t give a rats ass what people think or say about me, frankly its not my business. If they have an issue with me, it is their issue and I have no intention of making it mind.

I love the company of others though I love my own company more

The sound of nothing brings forth many things.

Movement and agility is grace

Every breath is precious and priceless

Bodily functions are a blessing

I am in control of my mouth and though I can be provoked if i choose to act or speak inappropriately it is a choice not an excuse

I have let go of my expectation of others

I respect people’s right to govern their lives even if their choices are not the best. The truth is it is theirs to make, so live and let live.

I don’t need anyone’s validation to be my authentic self

I accept that some people won’t like me, stand up for me, support me or speak to the truth of what they see if it means putting their neck on the chopping block.

I realize that pretending is some people’s way of living and lies is a function of their normal.

It is wise not to judge because your view on things 9 out of 10 times is limited and one dimensional.

True acceptance starts with the self and unconditional love is a gift you give yourself, for yourself, for your sake, happiness, peace of mind and a gift you grant others as an acknowledgement of acceptance.

Forgiveness. I forgive in order to freely unbound myself and release the burdens of oppressions stopping the flow of blessings and hindering me from embracing my excellence.

Written by me, D.S.B.S. Rhapsody aka Rhapsody Phoenix. These are my words, my take on lessons of being © all rights reserved.

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...