Sep 2, 2017

12 LOVE AND EAR WAX

Last night I was on the train coming back from hanging out with a friend after work. I had bag filled with mouth watering delights; Roscas (2) - Portuguese bread-like pastry bread with coconut and cinnamon and a dozen Bolinhos de Bacalhau or Salt Cod Fitters or as I delightfully discovered (when I tasted it) we Trini's call accra.  Ha! I was so tickled. My friend thinking she was introducing me to something new only to discovered its a tasty morsel I grew up eating. People we are not as different as we think - ha! same food different name. Anyway where was I before i went off on a food tangent....oh yeah. I was on my way home on the train when an elderly couple came in.


The couple sat opposite me on a two-seater. I could tell they have been together a long time by the way they moved with a synchronicity that bespoke years of being together. The had a body language that didn't require words. He would look at her and she would just answer with a nod or a hand jester. As I observed I saw he retrieved his iPod and selected a song. He then took the earphones and inserted one side in his ear and extended the other to her. She took it and placed it in her ear then the both shared a smile and sat back. I thought. It must be love if you don't mind sharing ear wax, not to mention  bacteria, fungus and infections.


This is where my eldest daughter would say, ewe, Mom! I know some of you reading this would say,. jeez she took a perfectly romantic story and killed it. Well I say, I am as much a romanticist as the next person I just am not so romantic that I am willing to share ear wax, fungus, bacteria and possible infections that's all.


Keeping it 100%
Stay blessed.
D.S.B.S.Rhapsody
ROSCA
SALT COD FITTER/ACCRA

12 comments:

  1. I had a good laugh with your closing sentence. Enjoy your weekend eh :)

    Greg Sr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter is good for the soul. It keeps you young at heart.

      glad i can contribute.

      Delete
  2. That food looks and sounds delicious! I am with you on sharing earwax...eww!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh there were so good!
      Yeah no, am not that in love. hehe.

      Delete
  3. I may not have tasted your snacks but they sure look yummy! Being romantic has its limit. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were indeed yummy.

      Yeah love does have its limits.

      Delete
  4. I would never have even thought about the ear wax and germs thing until you brought it up. But yeah, they have probably been together long enough to have shared MUCH more than ear wax! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, leave it to me to make it real!
      Yeah, i suppose.

      Delete
  5. Those fritters looked delicious. - Well I guess I've never thought about the earwax and stuff but then I don't share earphones either. Still I think it was a sweet story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they were scrumptious.
      sweet indeed it was, the thought of having a long loving sustainable relation is absolutely sweet. Ear wax though, i draw the line. lol.

      Delete
  6. Eeeewww, on the ear wax too! The photos of the food makes up for it though. Sure does look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

You Are Enough. Right here, Right now, In this moment, YOU. ARE. ENOUGH!

By All Means Speak Your Mind. However, Please Observe These 3 Basic Rules.

1. No form of abuse is allowed, everyone is entitled to their point of view (pov) as we all see and articulate the world differently, be respectful and speak without offending.

2. Please stay on the topic of discussion

3. Agree to Disagree

So what say you?

Note: All content here are mine unless otherwise noted. All photographs are taken by me again, unless otherwise noted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...